Leader of Opposition and Ex-CM of Karnataka, Siddaramaiah has launched #LekkaKodi (submit accounts) campaign on social media demanding accountability and transparency on part of Karnataka’s BJP Government on the allocation and usage of funds towards containment of Covid-19 pandemic. He has alleged that the state government has been involved in massive corruption in the funds allocated for the Covid-19 containment in the state and thereby demanding the government to provide accounts through the #LekkaKodi campaign.
He has demanded answers for the following questions:
- How much has the government spent since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and what has been the contribution of the Union Government towards the same?
- How much has each department spent and for what purposes?
- At what rates has the government procured protective gear and other equipment to contain the spread of Covid-19 including PPE Kits, Face Masks, Hand Gloves. Sanitizers, Thermal scanners, and Kiosks and at rates are these available in the market. From which companies were these equipments purchased?
- How many food kits and food packets have been provided till date? To whom and what have been the per-unit expenses on these food kits and food packets provided? Provide Taluk-wise and ward-wise accounts for the same.
- How many food kits were provided for migrants during their migration? What were they provided with and what has been the per-unit cost of the same?
- What ‘packages’ were declared by the State and Union governments for the people whose livelihoods are under deep troubles? Which were the communities and occupations it intended to benefit and the quantum of resources released?
- How much of funds was spent on Covid-19 patients and how has it been utilized?
ಕೊರೊನಾ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದಿರುವ ಭ್ರಷ್ಟಾಚಾರದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಸಾಮಾಜಿಕ ಜಾಲತಾಣಗಳಲ್ಲಿ #LekkaKodi ಎಂಬ ಹ್ಯಾಷ್ ಟ್ಯಾಗ್ನೊಂದಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿಡಿಯೋ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಶುರು ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ.
ನಮ್ಮ ಪಕ್ಷದ ಎಲ್ಲ ಶಾಸಕರು, ಸಂಸದರು, ಕಾರ್ಯಕರ್ತರು ವಿಡಿಯೊ ಮಾಡಿ, ಶೇರ್ ಮಾಡುವ ಮೂಲಕ ಇದರಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾಗವಹಿಸಬೇಕೆಂದು ವಿನಂತಿ.#LekkaKodi pic.twitter.com/lXSCjLkiNT
— Siddaramaiah (@siddaramaiah) July 11, 2020
In a video he has posted through his Twitter handle, he has also noted that it is the right of the citizens to demand accountability and transparency in the usage of government’s funds and that the government is duty-bound to provide accounts for the same. He has also called upon all Ministers, MLA and Party Workers of the Indian National Congress to demand the same through #LekkaKodi social media campaign.
Earlier he had alleged that the state government was involved in a massive scam of about Rs. 2200 Crores in the purchase of medical equipment to contain the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
Read About: #ManuMustFall Movement